4.7 C
New York
Sunday, December 4, 2022

Community in ‘shock’ over death of child, 6, in school Strep A outbreak

A neighborhood has been left in “shock” after a six-year-old little one died in a Strep A outbreak at a main faculty.

The loss of life was confirmed by the UK Well being Safety Company South East’s well being safety advisor Dr Claire Winslade.

The yr one Ashford Church of England College pupil caught the invasive Group A streptococcal (iGAS) an infection, it was stated in an e mail to folks.

The e-mail, obtained by the PA information company, stated: “It’s with the deepest remorse and unhappiness that I’ve to tell you {that a} little one in Tiger class, yr one has sadly died after creating invasive Group A streptococcal (IGAS).

“We’re additionally conscious {that a} little one in a yr 2 class has developed the identical sickness however is displaying constructive indicators of restoration.”

The varsity stated it comes as a “shock” for the entire neighborhood and that workers have been searching for recommendation from Public Well being England on actions they need to take and recommendation they need to give to folks.

Surrey County Council director of public well being Ruth Hutchinson was quoted as saying: “We’re deeply saddened by the loss of life of a pupil at Ashford Church of England College and we provide our honest condolences to their household, associates and the entire faculty neighborhood, who’re in our ideas.”

These with the above signs ought to name 111 instantly.

Extra follows…

Related Articles

Latest Articles