Make do-it-yourself raspberry sauce (aka raspberry coulis) in your desserts or breakfast utilizing recent raspberries with this easy 4-ingredient recipe. When raspberries aren’t in season, you need to use frozen raspberries as a substitute.
This raspberry dessert sauce is great to have readily available, as a result of you need to use it to complete so many recipes, like cheesecake, brownies, pound cake, lemon cupcakes, or chocolate mousse pie. A do-it-yourself raspberry sauce may even flip a easy bowl of vanilla ice cream right into a guest-worthy dessert. And don’t overlook breakfast like pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, or yogurt!
You may even strive mixing it with some glowing water, or embrace it in a cocktail—the probabilities for this do-it-yourself berry sauce are countless!
Right here’s Why You’ll Love This Raspberry Sauce
- Recent-tasting, a bit tangy, & not overly candy
- Simply 4 simple components plus water
- You need to use recent or frozen raspberries… so handy
- Lower than 10 minutes on the range
- Pressure it or maintain it thick & chunky
- Like salted caramel & lemon curd, it’s extraordinarily versatile and can be utilized on many dishes
- So good on simple cheesecake pie!
Seize These Elements:
- Water & Cornstarch: Cornstarch frivolously thickens the sauce. You don’t want a lot, however you will need to mix it with somewhat water earlier than utilizing, in any other case you’ll have lumps of powdery cornstarch in your completed sauce. Cornstarch is usually combined with water to make a “slurry” earlier than utilizing in sauces; see strawberry topping sauce for example.
- Recent or Frozen Raspberries: You’ll love that you would be able to whip this sauce up within the summertime when berries are recent in season, or in the course of winter because the snow falls exterior. I truly love this sauce with frozen raspberries as a result of they’re sometimes frozen at their peak freshness and sweetness.
- Sugar: An excessive amount of sugar can masks the pure berry flavors, so stick to just one/4 cup (50g) on this recipe. In case your raspberries are extraordinarily tart, enhance to 1/3 cup (67g). This isn’t jam, so we don’t want an onslaught of sugar.
- Lemon Juice: The sauce wants *one thing* to steadiness the berry and sugar, and lemon juice offers that trace of freshness. Don’t depart it out or the sauce will style fairly flat. You may as well add a splash of vanilla extract as soon as the sauce comes off warmth. (Vanilla is non-obligatory, however tasty!)
Raspberries are so handy—no chopping or peeling required.
Simply 4 Steps to Make This Raspberry Sauce
This raspberry sauce cooks on the range in just below 10 minutes. It’s just like the swirl recipe we use in these white chocolate raspberry cheesecake bars.
- Mix components collectively on the range.
- Boil combination whereas stirring often.
- Elective: Press the combination by way of a effective mesh strainer, to take away the seeds.
- Let cool.
Strained vs. Conserving the Seeds
When strained, this sauce is on the skinny facet, as sauces go, and nice for drizzling. This strained model is also referred to as a raspberry coulis. If you happen to’d choose a thicker sauce and don’t thoughts the seeds, you possibly can skip Step 3 altogether!
Right here is a photograph evaluating the 2 consistencies:
Combination may be very scorching proper off the range:
Pressure the nice and cozy combination with a effective mesh strainer:
Or maintain it chunky:
This recipe yields about 1 cup of raspberry sauce if straining, or about 1 and 1/2 cups if not straining.
Makes use of for Raspberry Sauce
There are such a lot of methods to take pleasure in this raspberry dessert sauce, and listed below are many solutions:
- Take pleasure in drizzled on scones, crepes, muffins, waffles, or complete wheat blueberry pancakes
- Stir into yogurt, cottage cheese, or oatmeal
- Use as a filling for lemon cupcakes or lemon blueberry cupcakes
- Use as a topping for cream cheese pound cake, ice cream, angel meals cake, or pavlova
- Serve with chocolate treats like brownies, chocolate cake, and flourless chocolate cake
- Drizzle on choux pastry cream puffs or cheesecake, no bake cheesecake, and cheesecake pie (pictured under)
- Unfold on do-it-yourself biscuits, croissants, and toasted English muffins
- Stir a number of spoonfuls into whipped cream or whipped frosting and use as garnish on desserts
What is going to you utilize it for?!
This raspberry dessert sauce topping is recent, fast, & simple and provides desserts and breakfast dishes that little one thing further! You need to use recent or frozen raspberries.
- Whisk the cornstarch and water collectively till all of the cornstarch has dissolved. (I simply use a fork to combine—very simple.) Mix cornstarch combination, raspberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium warmth. Utilizing a picket spoon or rubber spatula, stir the combination, frivolously mashing the raspberries as they start to warmth.
- Deliver to a boil and let it boil for 3 full minutes, stirring often. Take away the pan from warmth and—if desired for a richer taste—stir in vanilla extract.
- Press the nice and cozy sauce by way of a effective mesh strainer to take away the seeds, if desired. I take advantage of the again of a spoon to press the liquid by way of the strainer, held over a bowl. It takes a pair minutes to actually squeeze all of it out.
- Be at liberty to serve heat over heat desserts, however it ought to be cooled to actually thicken up. Cool the sauce fully at room temperature or within the fridge. The sauce will thicken barely because it cools, however the strained model remains to be liquid and excellent for drizzling.
- Cowl and retailer for as much as 1 week within the fridge.
- Freezing Directions: After the raspberry sauce cools fully, freeze in a freezer-friendly container for as much as 3–6 months. Thaw on the counter or within the fridge. Heat up within the microwave or on the range, if desired.
- Berries Are Tart: In case your raspberries aren’t very candy, chances are you’ll wish to enhance the sugar to 1/3 cup (67g).
- Thicker Sauce: If you happen to’d like a thicker sauce and don’t thoughts the raspberry seed texture, you possibly can skip Step 3 fully, and even strive pureeing the combination in a blender as a substitute of straining.
- Different Berries: You’ll be able to substitute different berries equivalent to blueberries or blackberries with no adjustments to the recipe. Or do this strawberry sauce recipe.
Key phrases: raspberry sauce
Baking Made Simple
Are you new to this web site? This e mail sequence is a superb place to begin. I’ll stroll you thru a number of of my hottest recipes and present you precisely why they work.